Thursday 15 July 2010

A day of new beginnings..........


There are lots of things that I love in life but right up there at the top, well just under my husband, family, friends and the pooches are cupcakes, picnics and Italian food! Cupcakes are one of the nicest things known to women.....just the right size, just the right amount - not a massive cake but not a fondant fancy-simply perfect! Picnics are fabulous too, I love packing everything up in the picnic hamper and setting off in the car to while away a summers afternoon, it really is bliss. And finally, Italian food, it is absolutely my favourite food to eat. I could eat it for every meal and never get bored. Delicious!!

So.....and herein is where you might think that I am utterly bonkers, why on earth am I happily giving all of this up for.....oh, at least the next 6 months! Well there lies a story (I'll save the whole story for another time maybe) but in short, whilst I might completely be in love with all of the above I am more in love with the concept of one day being a Mummy and having a family with my husband and that my lovelies is my reason for undertaking one of the most strictest regimes know to women...........THE DIET!

My reason for doing this is because in order to become a Mummy I am most likely going to have to go down the IVF path - what a roller coaster of diets and IVF my life is going to be for the next 12 months - and in order to have IVF I need to lose quite a substantial amount of weight (perhaps I will divulge exactly how much one day soon).

So there you go, this blog is going to hopefully diarise my journey and be there for me through it all - somewhere to moan, be excited, cry, be overjoyed...you get the picture!!

Right, I'm off now - time for weigh-in.

xxx

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'll be following every step you share with us. Sending you advice and hugs when you need them xxx

Mrs Lil said...

Thank you sweetie! That means a lot to me! I am a lucky girl to have found you and Suzie xx

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the luck in the world with your journey.

Mrs Lil said...

Thank you Jules, that's so lovely of you xx